Showcase a specific category with ease, including optionally setting a featured image and listing child categories.
Widgetized themes often include support for adding a featured page or post, but often there’s no easy way to feature a category from your blog.
With Featured Category Widget you can easily feature a blog category (or a category from a custom taxonomy, like product categories or recipe types), add a custom image and optionally show the category description and a list of subcategories.
- Add custom image and set display size.
- Optionally show category description and/or subcategories.
- Includes only minimal styling, mostly it’s left to your theme.
- Supports custom taxonomies.
- Developer friendly hooks and filters throughout.
- Translated into French, Spanish, German.
Work to properly document all of the plugin actions and filters is underway, and will be added along with examples of how you might replace the selected category image within a particular widget instance, how to switch off the default styling, and more.